Submission deadline: 25-12-2020
More information here.
In the framework of All-Around Culture, a programme co-funded by the European Union, L'Art Rue is pleased to launch the open call for Youth-Led Cultural and Civic Initiatives in underserved areas of ENP South: Algeria Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, and for the diaspora from Syria and Libya. The call is addressed to young artists, collectives, researchers, civil society activists and cultural operators interested in developing community-based and contextual projects in their territory. The call provides a possibility to innovate, experiment and engage in contextual creation process, exchanges and collaborations.
- 32 selected applicants will receive a research grant in the maximum amount of 3,000 EUR to carry out the necessary research and study in the territory and with the community(ies) they wish to engage with. The research grant offers a possibility to deepen applicants’ knowledge of a specific theme, practice, context and/or group of population to improve the possible project creation and implementation.
- 32 selected applicants will be invited to participate in a Collaborative Laboratory in Tunis (Tunisia) on cultural and civic project development applying community-based and contextual methodologies.
- After the research phase, the 32 selected applicants will be invited to submit their project proposals for the production grant that will cover the project creation and implementation.
- 24 beneficiaries of the production grant will have the possibility to attend the Mentorship Residency to exchange with other sub-grantees and to work with experts and mentors through targeted meetings.
- A tailored-made mentorship and guidance will be ensured by L’Art Rue team and external experts and mentors to support the overall project creation and implementation process and the use of collaborative, community-based and contextual methodologies.
The research phase shall take place from February to June 2021. The production phase shall start in October 2021. The end date will be agreed with each sub-grantee.
- Individual artists
- Artist collectives
- Cultural operators (managers, curators, etc.)
- Civil society activists