Submission deadline: 15-05-2019
Find more information on the call and for application here.
The Embassy of Foreign Artists is launching calls for themed projects, open to all types of practice. These reflect its areas of interest and aim to offer research time and visibility to original projects that examine their subject critically.
Themed projects 2020
Art and Citizenship: looking at the world with a critical eye.
Art and Science: exploring scientific issues through art.
Art and Histories: giving form to archives.
Art and Territory: intervening in urban space.
Focus on the 9th art: practice of comics and illustration.
– 3 months from 1st January to 31th March 2020
– 3 months from 1st April to 30th June 2020
– 3 months from 1st July to 30th September 2020
– 3 months from 1st October to 31th December 2020
– 6 months from 1st January to 30th June 2020
– 6 months from 1st July to 31th December 2020
Candidates must respond to the following criteria:
– The open call is addressed to all professional artists coming from following artistic fields: performing arts, visual arts and applied arts (fine arts, dance, theatre, music, literature, comics, cinema, etc.). Cultural practitioners, active in the research of contemporary cultural practices, such as curators, play writers, set designer or from other fields and applied disciplines (architecture, design) are also invited to apply;
– Be in possession of a wide range of creations, publications and performances at a professional level;
– Not be currently registered in a basic artistic training course;
– Not be living in Geneva/Geneva region;
– Speak English;
– Be above the age of 28 years in the year of the residency;
– Accept and agree to pay costs related to their travel and artistic production.