Submission Deadline: 30-08-2019
Read more about the call here.
AADK Spain invites to participate in its Artistic Residency Program, aimed at artists and researchers of all disciplines that wish to work on the notions of body, territory and / or spatiality.
For this call, priority will be given to proposals that focus on thinking about the territory from an ecological perspective. Projects of ephemeral or permanent interventions that address the concepts of landscape memory and terrain anthropology will be of special interest.
For those intending to work with the Blanca community, please bear in mind that projects of less than two months will not be accepted. The ability of artists to establish respectful relationships with the inhabitants and to be willing to trial and error will be fundamental.
Also, research projects with a theoretical approach are welcome to apply for this call, as long as they are based on specific cases or objects of study.
Please note the following costs: The Residency program is run by AADK Spain, which is a non-profit organization. Total costs per person for the Residency program is 1500.00€ per month + accommodation. Applicants fall into two categories, which have different divisions of costs between AADK and the applicant.
Applicants applying as individuals, (whether with funding from an institution orself-funded):
- Funded by the host: AADK Spain invests 850€ (60%) per resident in the residency program, and theMunicipality of Blanca supports with the working/exhibition space.
- Paid by the resident: 650€ per month (40% of total costs). If the resident works collectively there is an extra cost of 100€ per month per person, only if working in the same project, and sharing the studio and accommodation.
- It does not include: Travel costs, day-to-day living expenses, costs of production materials
Partner institutions of AADK or institutions applying on behalf of artists: Due to the administrative, coordination and management work resting on AADK when working directly with an institution the costs are the following:
- Funded by the host: AADK Spain invests 650€ (40%) per resident in the residency program, and theMunicipality of Blanca supports with the working / exhibition space.
- Paid by the partner institution: 850€ per month. (60%) If the resident works collectively there is an extra cost of 200€per month per person, only if working in the same project, and sharing the studio and accommodation. If the extra person would like to have a private room the cost will be 450€ per month.
- These costs do not include: Travel costs, day-to-day living expenses, costs of production material