More information here.
The Prix Ars Electronica is the world’s most time-honored media arts competition. Winners are eligible for the coveted Golden Nica awards and monetary prizes of up to 10,000 euros in each category. They will also be featured at the Ars Electronica Festival from September 9 to 13, 2020!
PRIX ARS ELECTRONICA and STARTS Prize
A project may be entered to both the STARTS prize and a Prix Ars Electronica category (Computer Animation, Interactive Art + and Digital Communities). It is therefore possible to win both the STARTS Prize and a Prix Ars Electronica award at the same time. To do so, submit your project to the specified Prix Ars Electronica category and in the appropriate entry field at the end of the submission confirm that the project is also to be considered for the STARTS prize. Submitters, who registered already for the Prix Ars Electronica, can use this account also for the STARTS Prize.
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category.
- If your entry is awarded a prize or receives a Honorary Mention, your material will be used for the catalog, DVD (CD) and the Prix Ars Electronica website (see Rights), so we ask you to prepare your picture and text material carefully.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
- Submitting an entry to the Prix Ars Electronica is free of charge.
- Jury Sessions: April 30 – May 3, 2020
- Notification: Winners of Golden Nicas, Awards of Distinction and Honorary Mentions will be notified before end of May, 2020. (Ars Electronica only notificate in case the project is selected the prize.)
- Awards Ceremony: The Prix Ars Electronica 2020 awards presentation will take place during the Ars Electronica Festival 2020 in Linz (September 9-13, 2020). Winners of Golden Nicas and Awards of Distinction must make a commitment to accepting their awards in person and to presenting their works at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist symposium. Groups and institutions are requested to nominate a representative to fulfill this commitment. As guests of Ars Electronica, winners will receive complementary hotel and economy class airline tickets for their trip to Linz.