Submission deadline: 30-09-2019
More information on the call here.
thecamp is a base camp from which adventurers & pioneers from all over the world set out on expeditions to explore the future.
The place is:
- – A base camp to explore the future.
- – Interdisciplinary, intercultural and intergenerational
- – A prospective and innovation catalyzer, a place for project development and experimentation in order to invent the cities of tomorrow
- – A “third-place”, where private and public managers, startups, students and experts will live a unique experience for a few days, a few weeks or a few months
- – A private/public initiative with a 80M€ budget
- – A living place with accommodation for 250 residents and 2 restaurants
- – Located in Aix-en-Provence, with 130,000 sqft of buildings nestling within 17 ac of nature, 5 minutes from a high-speed train station (TGV) and 15 minutes from Marseille Provence Airport
Hivers, in the residency, collectively decide what major projects they work on and design the best teams to achieve objectives they set. These projects could be artworks, IOT, social innovation services, games…
- ✓ Housing in a 14 sq. m. room with private bathroom, meals and laundry during the entire residency.
- ✓ €600 fellowship / month
- ✓ Fully equipped workspaces (computers, software, Arduino, machines and fablab...)
- ✓ A production budget allocated to each project, for which the team is accountable
- ✓ External ressources (mentors, experts, utilisateurs)
- ✓ A team of facilitators dedicated to the program
- ✓ The entire ecosystem of thecamp (programs, campers, partners...)