Kreativ-Transfer update, on current occasion (05 October 2020)
As a result of the corona pandemic, three changes were implemented in the Kreativ-Transfer program (2019-20):
- (1) The extension of the program until 30 April 2021,
- (2) the alternative use of grants already approved by the juries that could not/ could not be used as planned, and
- (3) the alternative use of travel grants in the context of new calls for proposals: Funding for projects of international networking and visualization as well as know-how transfer. The current call for proposals can be found here (in German, but applications in English are possible). Apply until 10 November 2020.
Due to the current situation, travel grants for visiting international trade fairs, festivals and platforms will not be piblished. As soon as the currently very extensive travel warnings are lifted, travel becomes more predictable again and events take place safely, the possibility of travel cost subsidies will be examined.
For those who have been granted creative transfer funding but have not been able to use it due to the Corona pandemic, there is still the possibility of rededicating the funding. Further information here.
A digital networking event takes place on 05 October 2020 at 11am CET (in German) for artist-run exhibition or project spaces already funded by the program or those interested in funding, please register here.
Within the program Kreativ-Transfer companies, artists and game developers as well as producers, gallery owners and artist-run project space operators travel to international festivals, fairs and platforms in Germany, in Europe and around the world. They present their work, make new contacts and find co-producers and clients. Kreativ-Transfer promotes these journeys and strengthens the exchange of professional know-how.
More information on the program Kreativ-Transfer here (in German)
Until the end of October 2019 a first call for travel grants for exhibition and project spaces and their travels to fairs and platforms in the 1st half of 2020 was published. A second call followed in the spring of 2020.
The jurors were:
- Maria Wildeis, curator of SETAREH, founder of FAR OFF and project manager of the international exchange program Frauenkulturbüro NRW e.V.
- Oliver Möst, Artistic Director of Schoeler.Berlin, active member of the Netzwerk freier Berliner Projekträume und -initiativen
- Marcel Noack, visual artist, board member of IGBK and of Bundesverband Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler (BBK), photographer (German Society for Photography) and art space operator
- Representatives of the Dachverband Tanz Deutschland (DTD) accompany the jury meetings, but are not entitled to vote.
View the list of funded project rooms for the first round on the website of the Kreativ-Transfer program.
View the 1st call here (PDF in German).
For more information contact:
Dachverband Tanz Deutschland / The German Association for Dance
Mariannenplatz 2 | 10997 Berlin
(Jana Grünewald / Nicole Fiedler)
Taubenstraße 1 | 10117 Berlin
The project „Kreativ-Transfer“ is funded by the Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien (BKM). The sponsor of the project “Kreativ-Transfer” is the umbrella organization The German Association for Dance (DTD). In the implementation of this program, DTD cooperates with the IGBK as well as with Bundesverband Freie Darstellende Künste (BFDK), the Initiative Neuer Zirkus (INZ), the Bundesverband Deutscher Galerien und Kunsthändler (BVDG), with game - Verband der deutschen Games-Branche eV and transmissions GbR.