next submission deadlines: 15-02 / 15-06 / 15-08-2020
More information here.
After four years of continuous presence on the island of Tinos, ΚΟΙΝΩΝΩ Tinos Art Gathering invites participants from all disciplines in the arts and sciences to apply to the thematic series ‘Four (plus one) elements’, which will be implemented through four distinct 15-day residency programmes (fire, water, air, earth) until the fall of 2020 on the island of Tinos.
With reference to the diverse cultural and natural landscape of Tinos, the ‘Four (plus one) elements’ thematic series adds the element of time to earth, water, air and fire, referencing both the alternation of the seasons and human intervention on the natural landscape.
- Fire: 18-31 January 2020
- Water: 18-30 April 2020
- Air: 18-31 August 2020
- Earth: 18-31 October 2020
The works created by the residencies of each element will be presented in January, April, August and October 2020, respectively, throughout the totality of the natural and cultural landscape of the island. Priority will be given to collaboration between participants and/or the involvement of local organisations and communities.
Participants are offered:
- Transport costs for a limited number of participants (in and out of the EU).
- Transport to the island of Tinos and all residency sites.
- Accommodation (rooms and hostels).
- Common lunches/dinners, food supplies.
- Partial production and material costs.
- Fire: 24 November 2019 (extended deadline)
- Water: 15 February 2020
- Air: 15 June 2020
- Earth: 15 August 2020