Friday, 06 November 2020
from KUNSTPUNKT BERLIN, where we are guests of the Netzwerk freier Berliner Projekträume und -initiativen
- 13.30h Welcome and introduction
Moira Zoitl (IGBK)
- 13.40h On the specific profile of independent art initiatives and artist-run spaces: working under different conditions in different regions - how does cooperation help?
Giorgi Rodionov (Untitled Gallery Tbilisi / Collective 90x / Salaam Cinema Baku) and Matthias Mayer (Netzwerk freier Berliner Projekträume und -initiativen / Spor Klübü) in conversation, moderated by Sophia Tabatadze
(break between 14.30-15.00h CET)
- 15.00h The importance of exchange with independent art initiatives from Central and Eastern Europe - the example Centrala Berlin and Centrala Birmingham
Alicja Kaczmarek (Centrala Space Birmingham) and Berenika Partum (Centrala Berlin)
- 15.20h Regional perspectives, inputs and Q&As
Sabina Shikhlinskaya (Platform ART, Baku)
Asmer Abdullayeva (ASMART Creative Hub, Baku)
- 16.00h GeoAIR and other independent art initiatives from Georgia - Conversation
Sophia Tabatadze (GeoAIR) with Mariam Natroshvili (Museum on call, Tbilisi) and Aleksi Soselia (Gallery Warehouse, www.videoimage.ge, Tbilisi)
- 16.50h Video by Pavel Brăila "barons hill" (2005)
In the video work, the artist documents a new and glorious Sinti and Roma architecture, which has emerged in Moldova in recent years and is characterized by a hybris of architectural style elements.
- 17.00 Regional perspectives, inputs and Q&As
Pavel Brăila (ArtWatt, Chișinău)
Natalija Vujošević (ISU – Institute of Contemporary Art Montenegro)
Róna Kopeczky (easttopics, Budapest)
- 17.50h Wrap-up of the first day
Marcel Noack (IGBK)
- 11.00h - 13.00h Workshop with four different discussion rounds (upon separate registration)
- What is the specific profile of independent art initiatives and artist-run spaces and how do they develop and reach their audience?
- What is the status quo of international exchange amongst those initiatives? Which structures are relevant and how does international cooperation help?
- What are the regional perspectives and political frameworks to consider?
- Which new set-ups can we imagine?
a.o. with speakers of the first day and with Andrea Křístek Kozárová (Slovak Union of Visual Arts), Anna Kamay (Artsakh Fest, Yerevan), Irena Lagator Pejovic (ISU – Institute of Contemporary Art Montenegro), Dr. Katharina Koch and Sylvia Sadzinski (alpha nova & galerie futura, Berlin), Margarethe Makovec (<Rotor>, Graz), Nastia Khlestova (127garage, Kharkiv), Selda Asal (Apartment Project, Berlin), Sibylle Feucht (DAS ESSZIMMER – space for art+, Bonn), Tina Gurgenidze (Tbilisi Architecture Biennal),... The workshop is not public and will not be recorded.
Results of the workshop will be presented at 14.00h
Zoom and Live Stream...
Moderated by Maria Wildeis
- 14.00h Art Space Connect | Which new set-ups can we imagine?
Introducing Workshop results
- 14.45h Inputs by
Nino Klingler (Allianz Kulturstiftung)
Philipp Dietachmair (European Cultural Foundation)
Lea Stöver (Creative Europe Desk Kultur Deutschland)
Followed by Q&As
- 15.30h Coffee break
- 15.40h Closing discussion
How do we find creative and alternative ways to support and finance artist-run initiatives and the international exchange amongst them?
- 16.00h Conclusions by the project team and farewell